Friday, August 31, 2012

mercy me.

i had a whole list of other thoughts in mind to share here. at some point...i have GOT to do a better job drafting...but maybe non-drafting is actually an opportunity to be extremely candid. hmph.

well. mercy.

its the first word that came to my mind when i just sat here trying to think of what to say. surely theres plenty of mercy going around for me...and maybe you. but seriously...alot on me. i keep thinking, "it could be worse" and immediately the word - mercy - comes to mind. i think thats where my mind is alot quite often. embracing mercy and being grateful that it doesnt look like what it could look like.

so as friday closes and the weekend arises a new thing in us...take this Word with you, Matthew 9 [read it all because it will bless you!] but please take this and love on it in your spirit: Matthew 9:13 Jesus says, "I desire mercy, not sacrifice."

Want to dig more into what that Scripture means? that was really eye opening and a fresh eye on this: http://www.philcox.org/Mercy_not_Sacrifice.html

ENJOY THE LABOR DAY WEEKEND! =)