Sunday, December 19, 2010

got patience?




Can you think of a fruit of the Spirit that can be more frustrating than anything? I CAN!

PATIENCE.

im not gonna lie. i've heard Pastor give many messages related to this. for single women, "wait on your Boaz" for the married couple: "wait on the Lord" for the college student: "stay in there! God's got you!" to the single mom financially in need: "wait on the Lord He will renew your strength!"

the message is freakin frustrating. when you're anxious about the things that you feel entitled to or things you've been waiting for for like...EVER! but i thought i'd share the message I heard from Pastor before & how i've managed to deal with this --Patience-- thingy.

Message: It is delayed, but it is not denied.

OKKAAAYYYY....so he's basically saying "you gotta wait..a LIL while longer.." and i have to admit this just tugged at my heart strings. i take my life as an example. many things i had to wait for right? had to wait to go back to school after Katrina..had to wait for financial aid..had to wait to get a car..had to wait to get a job...& around the time Pastor delivered this message i was waiting for a clear direction because of the plans i prayed about & Pastor is telling to WAIT....AGAIN???!!



i submit and im tryna go down this road...use the gifts and all that good stuff but as Pastor kept speaking i started to let that message just marinate past my surface...past the hatred...past the pain...all that craziness and stuff...and meditate on Pslam 116:1-4 and it came back again today...


Psalm 116

1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;

he heard my cry for mercy.

2 Because he turned his ear to me,

I will call on him as long as I live.

3 The cords of death entangled me,

the anguish of the grave a]" class="footnote">[a] came upon me;

I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.

4 Then I called on the name of the LORD :

"O LORD, save me!"

Is that not a cry out if you ever heard one? Just a desire to move OUT of the waiting room to the playing room...moving&shaking room...whatever you decide to call it.

I mentioned that Ecclesiates is a great reference of the percetion of time. There's a time for everything but also take into consideration of all the "times" listed in Ecclesiates...it never says a time to be "blessed" because regardless of the season we are in...we are ALWAYS blessed!
and Pastor asked us to understand why this delay maybe happening:

1. There is a delay when it's not God's timing.

2. God delays because He has to develop us.

3. While in delay, God is evaluating your diligence.

4. He will delay so that your blessing won't be destroyed.



Pastor emphasized that chronos (finite) is OUR time but chiros (eternity) is HIS time. and non-believers may consider these semantics but He is real and based on the COURSE of my struggle and my delays...He has GOT to have a better agenda for me. it's just all apart of the transition. Stress and strugglea strengthen us! Diffculty develops us for our DIVINE destine but when we are out of order...everything is out of order. It is NOT His will...

consider your finances or your relationships or networking opportunities when you listen to this verse:
Matthew 25:21 (New International Version)

21"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'


THE REWARD IS BETTER THAN THE STRUGGLE! Don't expect elevation until He's evaluated you. Since when do we get free passes in life? Everybody want the EASY way out. So here's some tips that I follow to work on the whole patience thing in no particular order:

1. Do not be consumed with the immediate gratifications
2. Pray for God's angels to guide you & for your discernment to be open to the signs He gives
3. Consult others of authority including the Bible
4. Keep an open mind that plans can change


and so i continue to tell myself don't RUSH. be PATIENT. that man will be there when you get your life together. that woman will be there when you're standing upright for the Lord. that job will be there. that car can WAIT...if it's for you...it's gonna be catered to you!



but we are far from perfect so we still become frustrated, worried & concerned but as Pastor says: i speak from my imperfections. this isnt the first or the last time i, you or anybody has been in the waiting room. it's how we act when we're in there. and most importantly the memories of having had been there before and getting through it. there is no less reason than to continue to believe that we'll get through this one too =)





PLEASE NOTE: IF MY ARTICLE REGARDING PATIENCE IS PUBLISHED, IT WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ASSOCIATED CONTENT ON THE RIGHT.